At Wilde Lake High School, we embrace the joy of diversity within our community, our O’hana. We support our LGBTQIA+ O’hana and strive to support and enrich their time at WL. We are committed to providing an educational and social environment that affirms and promotes an inclusive, equitable space which values diversity. Keep up on what is going on in the larger HCPSS Pride community at their website.
Sunday, October 9th from 11am - 6pm
Merriweather Park at Symphony Woods at the Chrysalis
Howard County Pride celebrates and unites the LGBTQ+ community. Join us in celebrating your identity and the history of the community!
About this event
Join us for an all day celebration! (Click to register)
Howard County Pride celebrates and unites the LGBTQ+ community. Our events and programs advocate, support, and educate. It is our hope that the LGBTQ+ community in Howard County, Maryland finds a safe, inclusive, and welcoming environment every time they are at a HoCo Pride event. Join us in celebrating your identity with our community!
We are looking for submissions to share in our 4th issue of Rainbow Vision. The Rainbow Vision submission deadline is March 1st, 2023.
Your submission must meet the following guidelines.
- Submissions are accepted from middle and high school students currently attending a Howard County school (public, private or homeschooled).
- Submissions must be school appropriate and not explicit - no work containing profanity, extreme violence, sex, glorified drug use, etc. will be published.
- Submissions must be the student's original work that has not been published elsewhere.
- Submissions must be recent (created within a year of the submission period).
- Students can send in multiple submissions, but please note that not all submissions sent in will be published.
- Rainbow Vision reserves the right to select and edit all works submitted. If you would like to take part in the editing process for your work, please let us know AND make sure to include an email you check regularly.
An elective LGBT studies course has come through and will be piloted at two HCPSS high schools for the 2022-23 school year (Hammond & Wilde Lake) and will be available at all high schools for the 2023-24 school year.
WLHS Rainbow Representative: Rainbow Representatives ensure that schools are allies and advocates for LGBTQIA+ students, staff, and families. The school Rainbow Representative attends quarterly meetings; receives and disseminates information regarding LGBTQIA+ topics of interest to the school and school community as appropriate; and provides instructional support for educators. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact the Wilde Lake High School Rainbow Representative, Annora Bailey at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSA: GSA is a club at WLHS in which LGBTQ youth and their allies have a place to socialize without being judged as well as talk about what is happening in the news in regards to the LGBTQ community. Enjoy watching movies, reading articles, talking about recent happenings, and socializing. Just show up to meetings, no requirements. Come when you can! Meets on Wednesdays from 2:15-3:00pm Location: TV Studio/Media Center. Advisors for GSA: Kathleen Palmateer email@example.com & Brittany Franckowiak firstname.lastname@example.org