● Online Athletic Registration must be completed via HCPSS Connect.
● Additional Directions on Registration can be found https://www.hcpss.org/athletics/
● All athletes must register before November 14, 2022, to participate in the Winter Athletic Tryouts. ( You are encouraged to submit all paperwork online)
● Physicals must be dated After April 1st, 2022 for approval.
● Proof of Residency: All student-athletes must reside at the address listed on athletic paperwork and match the information listed in Synergy.
Utility Bill (BGE, Water, or Cable). Dated in September, October, or November
Copy of a current lease.
Copy of a recent mortgage statement.
Fall Sports Tryouts – Starting August 10, 2022, DEADLINE to REGISTER is Tuesday, August 9, 2022
Winter Sports Tryouts – Starting November 15, 2022, DEADLINE to REGISTER is November 14, 2022.
Spring Sports Tryouts – Starting March 1, 2022 DEADLINE to REGISTER is February 27, 2023
Parents/Guardians can complete required forms, download physicals and proof of residency, and more as part of the online registration process.
• Intimidating or harassing the players, coaches, officials or fans.
• Using profanity.
• Throwing objects.
• Entering the playing area.
• Loitering in the hallways or on school grounds.
If a spectator of any age is ejected from a contest, he/she must leave the school property and shall have no contact with the officials, players, school personnel, or other spectators. Furthermore, such actions could result in the issue of a trespass letter, Denial of Access, or a ban from future athletic events at all schools. Admission is a privilege, not a license to display rude or offensive behavior.
For high school, a full-time student earns academic eligibility to participate in extracurricular activities by maintaining a 2.0 grade-point average (GPA), calculated using credit or non-credit courses, with no more than one failing grade for the marking period which governs eligibility for that activity.
WINTER-based on 1st Quarter, and SPRING-based on 2nd Quarter grades.
***Please Note-Do NOT use Cell Phones to complete registration, Use Parent Portal, Allow Pop Ups, and Limit File Size (4MB) for all uploads.***
**Do not use your Mobile Phone to Register for Sports**
Login to your HCPSS Connect Portal (Parents & Guardian MUST use the parental login. Using your students log in info. will not allow you to register); Once logged in, go to the menu on the left and click the bottom option More Options (Family File, Reports Cards, etc.). If you have more than one student make sure you have selected the student from the drop-down menu at the top of the page.)
Click on Athletic Registration on the right-hand side Menu, select the correct season Fall/Winter/Spring
Complete all of the forms: Parent Authorization Form, Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form, Concussion, please complete all additional documents…Do not skip or leave any boxes blank.
Upload the following forms:
-Upload ALL pages of the Physical Examination Form. The Physical Examination form must be dated within 12 months of the first day of tryouts for that sport. (Dated after March 1,2021). Older physicals will not be accepted.
Please, make sure Physicals have all signatures (Parent/Guardian, Athlete, and Physician) before scanning and uploading. Fall 2021 physicals can be used for Winter 2021 and Spring 2022 season, Winter physicals can be used for Spring. Athletes will need a new physical for next school year, dated after April 1st of the previous school year.
**Reminder Physicals for Athletics are different from those used to register to attend school. The Athletic Physical must include a statement that the athlete is cleared for athletic participation without restriction.**
-Upload a RECENT Utility bill. Utility Bill must be within the last three months or the start of the season. Older Utility bills will not be accepted. Utility (BGE, Potomac Edison, Solar, Water, Cable/Satellite are allowed) **No Cell Phone Bills will be accepted**
**Returning Athletes-If a Student Athlete is returning from Fall to play Winter and/or Spring season and wants to use the fall physical, parent/guardians will need to click the checkbox (option to use physical on file dated...) and save. Otherwise, it’ll wait for a new one to be uploaded.
Reminder, returning athletes will still need to complete parent permission information and upload a new utility bill.
Updated Physical Form link: https://www.hcpss.org/f/athletics/preparticipation-physical-evaluation-form.pdf
Updated Covid Information Form Link: https://www.hcpss.org/f/athletics/covid-info-signoff-form.pdf
Link for Covid Testing Registration: https://schools.coquihealth.com/registration/b14bc558-d129-4d1e-9610-2220fcc8e94a
Helpful How to Guide is available at http://www.hcpss.org/f/connect/hcpss-connect-guide-hs-athletic-registration.pdf
1. Do we need to turn in all paperwork or complete online registration before an athlete is allowed to tryout? Yes
2. How long are tryouts? Student athletes are given 3 days from the scheduled start date for tryouts
3. When do practices begin after tryouts? Regular practices begin immediately after rosters are finalized at the end of tryout period.
4. How long is the Impact Test (Concussion Baseline) good for? The Impact test baseline is good for 2 years.
5. What is the roster size for _______ team ? Each team roster is determined by the coaching staff.
6. How many courses do I need to be registered for my Senior year to be eligible to participate? HCPSS requires "One on campus" course
7. Why do we have to begin on a particular date (i.e., August 11 for Fall, November 15 for Winter, and March 1 for Spring)? The MPSSAA establishes start dates for all sports in Maryland
8. What is the link for the NCAA Eligibility Center? contact information? (For student athletes interested or planning to play in college) https://web3.ncaa.org/ecwr3/
For students and parents with eligibility questions:
877-262-1492 (toll free)
Additional NCAA information can be found at http://www.hcpss.org/athletics/ncaa-participation/
At all Howard County athletic events, we strive to provide a pleasant and safe environment for all spectators and participants. We ask fans to refrain from:
Admission is a privilege to observe a contest, not a license to display insensitive or offensive behavior. Enjoy the event! Be a fan, not a fanatic!
Student athletic policy agreement form for new student athletes.
Agreement for families that acknowledge HCPSS may administer pre-concussion baseline testing and post-concussion testing after a sports-related injury.
Overview of concussion signs and symptoms that can occur in student athletes.
Physician forms for future student athletes to fill out prior to sport seasons.
Protocols for administration of student medication during school hours along with a medication administration history form for physicians.
Acknowledgement statement and guidelines for identifying and responding to a cardiac arrest scenario.